Monday, February 12, 2007

Sweeps Week: Guess What? I'm Gay!

This portion of Sweeps Week is brought to you by:
Speed Stick Deodorant.

Speed Stick Deodorant...
We're trying to get
Matthew McConaughey to use it.


Continuing with Sweeps Week... If you're a celebrity, coming out of the closet is guaranteed to land you the cover of People magazine. Here's a few that surprised me:
  • Doogie Howser (sometimes a.k.a. Neil Patrick Harris)
  • Lance Bass (I said I was surprised, OK!)
  • George Takei (I only know George in the context of his guest appearances on The Howard Stern Show, but I understand it was a big deal to hear that Sulu is gay.)
  • Jodi Foster (I'm discovering that a lot of people don't realize she's gay, but she is.)
  • Rock Hudson (Perhaps the #1 shocker of all time)
  • Mike Brady (Robert Reed)
  • And, finally, in spite of wearing outfits like these, I was floored to hear that George Michael is gay. (It was the '80's, what did we know?)

Who did I miss?
(And don't you dare say Rosie O'Donnell;
it would have only been big news if she
wasn't gay.)

5 comments:

Carrie M said...

jodi foster, really? huh.
i also just learned that queen latifah bats for the other team which was a surprise to me.

don't forget kevin spacey and portia del rossi.

up next - jc chasez!

Reigning Frog said...

carrie M: Oh, yes! Queen L. I did know about her. Good call. Portia was a surprise too.

My sources indicate that Kevin Spacey is NOT gay even though it's been long rumored. Did he for sure come out?

Carrie M said...

no, not for sure but it makes a whoooole lotta sense. i feel like i'm missing someone else too...

t2ed said...

When I found out Sulu was gay, it answered a lot of questions about Mr. Spock. Thin, neat, fussy about his appearance, very analytical. You do the math.

Anonymous said...

Reigning frog said:

<< My sources indicate that Kevin Spacey is NOT gay even though it's been long rumored.>>

Your sources? You should tell us more...

<< Did he for sure come out? >>

No, he usually refuses to discuss his private life, which of course the tabloids can't forgive. :-)