Just thinking about the fantastic 80s movie Gremlins. In case you happen to adopt a mogwai from petfinder.com or a local shelter near you, it's very important that you remember these three care instructions:
1. Keep them away from bright light, particularly sunlight.
2. No baths! You mustn't get a mogwai wet. (So no need to worry about not using Pantene on your male mogwai).
3. And most importantly, never ever feed them after midnight, not even Mighty Taco.
I would also add these rules:
4. Don't name your mogwai "Gizmo." It's a little unoriginal. I think "Cha Cha" for a female and "Clyde" for a male are much better.
5. Don't play any Justin Timberlake songs or your mogwai just might hum them to you.
6. Don't let your mogwai wear a dental grill. It may fight you because they like to be trendy with mohawks and stuff.
Also, help control the pet population and have your mogwai spayed or neutered.