Saturday, November 18, 2006

How to spot a native Buffalonian

I have lived in Buffalo for five years now. It is my home and I love it! I cheer for the Sabres and Bills, dine at Pano's, shop at Premier and walk my dog at Delaware Park. I fit in. Yet, I am not a native Buffalonian, and I can never be. I have discovered the secret to identifying the true natives of Buffalo. (And, no, it doesn't have anything to do with snow.) It has to do with a little place called Mighty Taco, a local chain that appears to be like Taco Bell, yet it is so NOT.

At lunch time, dinner time and midnight snack time people in Buffalo flock to Mighty Taco in mass exodus like it is a place of worship. And to the natives it is a sacred space. They wonder as they order "How much of this goodness can I fit in my stomach?"

But to everyone else in the world, Mighty Taco is a fast food restaurant with the most disgusting food on the entire planet. Please, my fellow citizens, don't hate me; you know I speak the truth. Only those born and raised here can ever like Mighty Taco. After all, where else in the world do restaurants serve bland chicken fajitas with WHITE AMERICAN CHEESE? Don't you realize that American cheese has no place in a taco joint?!

So tourists, beware. Don't take advice from the locals to eat at Mighty Taco. It will tarnish your image of Buffalo evermore. And Buffalo really is a great place to live (and to visit for that matter). So let's just leave Mighty Taco for the natives who we know aren't going anywhere.

3 comments:

Katebits said...

Hooray! Hooray for Reigning Frogs!

Katebits said...

Mighty Taco is gross and wrong. Shame on Mighty Taco.

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

Mighty Taco...Taco Bell....what's the difference?????

I eat at "Lone Star" or "Grandma Mora's" both on Hertel Avenue!