Sunday, September 30, 2007

Things I Remember from the '80s...

As a child growing up in the '80's, it was unavoidable that my life would be forever influenced by things like The Cosby Show, jelly bracelets, and crimped hair. 80's pop culture surrounded me daily from the age of three to thirteen, and I absorbed all of it.

Here's a few of my favorites:

Jarts. These lawn spears allowed for a more modern game of horseshoes (or miniature jousting). It was all fun and games until stupid people started to die from being impaled by the Jarts. Natural selection if you ask me.

Burple. A Kool Aid-like beverage that came in an accordion style container that "burped" when you expanded or contracted it. Orange flavor was the bomb!

Fluppy Dogs. Next to Care Bears and Cabbage Patch Dolls, Fluppy Dogs were IT for me! I had a lavender one. If I ever find it in my parents' attic, I will resurrect it as a bed mate.

Glamour Gals. Move over Barbie, these trendy ladies were fashionable, dated guys cuter than Ken, and drove a Firebird. I loved to take them apart and dive for their limbs in my cousin's swimming pool, then reassemble them. I admit to checking out Glamour Gals on eBay recently.

Richie Rich. Saturday mornings wouldn't have been the same without this totally '80's cartoon. I always wanted a Professor Keanbean of my own.

What did you love in the '80's?

2 comments:

t2ed said...

I just remember acid wash jeans, girls with leg warmers and endless teen sex comedies at the omniplex mall theatre.

Anonymous said...

Pogo ball!