Monday, October 1, 2007

Old Navy, PROUDLY Since 1994

Whenever I’m sad, I know there’s a little place I can go to brighten my spirits. It’s full of color, comfort and cool pajamas. That place is Old Navy. With the best hoodies in town, trendy totes, and funky socks, it’s a shopper’s dream.

I thought it was a little strange, though, that ON adopted a motto similar to its parent company, The Gap, of saying when it was founded. (e.g. Gap, since 1969). But Old Navy was doing this in 1996, and they were founded in 1994. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't find it very effective to say "Trust us, we're 2 years old."

ON really takes pride in that 1994 thing. Was it such a great year? I remember it, and it was OK, but I certainly don't find myself saying very often, "Wow, I wish it was 1994 again!" Let's take a look at a few other things that happened in 1994 and see if Old Navy should be so proud:

I don't know, Old Navy, it may be time to adopt a new motto.

2 comments:

t2ed said...

T2ED Enterprises, Extremely Limited.

Since about a couple of hours ago.

For all your financial planning.

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

What a bunch of nonsense! There is NOTHING Old nor Navy about "Old Navy"

Heck, compared to them, I'M OLD NAVY!