Monday, September 17, 2007

End Scene

Theater. Theatre. Thee-ate-er. No matter how you say it or spell it, it's a play on a stage. I'm not a huge fan, but I honestly do accept its importance in the Arts. What I don't accept, however, and am truthfully fed up with is celebrities taking to the stage. Matthew Broderick, Julia Roberts, David Hasselhoff...the list is endless, and it's ALWAYS the same story...a celebrity under the impression that he/she has much more talent than actually exists, and somehow manages to sign on to a 6-week performance to fulfill "a lifelong dream." Blah blah blah...gag me. Please, make it stop!

3 comments:

t2ed said...

Okay, Matthew Broderick really can act. Despite what Project X would indicate.

Julia Roberts? I'd only cast her in Equus because she's got the horsiest face in Hollywood. Except for Sarah Jessica Parker.

Hasselhoff? He was out-acted by William Daniels just by using his voice.

Now Don Knotts in Harvey? That's acting by God.

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

To think that I always thought "BROADWAY" was the extra-large stage exit taken after the proverbial "Fat Lady" sang and left the stage!

Reigning Frog said...

t2ed: Don't Hassle the Hoff! (Just kidding)

ex-nuke: ha ha. I could make a Delta Burke joke here, but I won't.