Monday, June 4, 2007

10 Things I Hate About Summer

No season is perfect, but it's usually winter that takes the brunt of everyone's seasonal misery. No one ever complains about summer, but--deep down--we all know it's not really as perfect as people think, and in fact there are things to complain about. Well, I'm going to do just that-- complain about summer; just get it out in the open right here, right now.

This paragraph is for General Hospital fans only...
To me, summer is like Robin Scorpio. Everyone thinks she's perfect, so if you're one of the few who dares to offer a criticism of her it's considered blasphemy. Yeah, Robin has many positive qualities, but if you're open-minded enough to realize it, you'll see that she can be damn annoying at times, just like summer.

So here begins my list of things I hate about summer:

10. Getting in a hot car! I can't stand it!
9. Losing precious beauty sleep! Who can sleep when it's 90 and humid? Not me. Even with A/C it's still too hot. I hate it.
8. Defrosted groceries! What a pain to grocery shop in the summer. Everything melts or rots in the 5 minutes car ride home. I hate it.
7. Carpenter ants! They're EVERYWHERE. Counters, bathrooms, cupboards, drawers-- the list is endless. I hate them.
6. Mosquito bites! There's nothing more annoying in life than continuously itchy skin (except maybe for Pauly Shore). I hate them.
5. Weeds! My whole backyard is a big weed that grows like Jack's beanstalk all summer long. I hate it.
4. Yellow Jackets! These carnivorous bastards always swarm around hamburgers and hot dogs. I hate them.
3. Flies! Inside, outside-- it doesn't matter, they're everywhere. Try to relax outside and you end up swatting flies as they chase you. I hate them.
2. Sweating! I don't like sweating, and it's unavoidable in the summer. I hate it.
1. Heat and Humidity! No wonder everyone's image of Hell is heat and flames. Some days in the summer, it's just to hot to live. I hate it.

3 comments:

carrie m said...

bad hair constantly! even with the new cut, it's still miserable!

Reigning Frog said...

true that, carrie m

t2ed said...

- Catching a softball with your face
- Sunburning your tongue
- Chafing
- Driving in oven mitts
- Making your own gravy while golfing