Friday, June 1, 2007

Summer Beauty Staples

June 1st is the first day of summer in my book, which is a mixed blessing to me. I enjoy many many things about this fine season, but--truth be told--I hate heat. In fact, it makes me rather miserable. The only thing, besides A/C, that helps me cope is beauty products. Here are some I can't live without until September.

V05 Moisture Milks Blueberries & Cream shampoo. Nothing says summer like blueberries & cream! Wash your hair with this before heading out into the sun and your hair will smell pleasantly fruity all day. (Sorry men, like Pantene, creamy fruit shampoos are only for women.)


Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar. A must have for facial cleansing in humid weather! I use it morning, afternoon, and night. It's much better than Neutrogena's facial cleansing bar.


Plain old Noxema. Forget saving it for sunburns. Use it anytime, anywhere on your body to cool off.
.
If all else fails in a need to beat the heat, sit inside an air conditioned room and watch General Hospital. It works, I swear!

3 comments:

Dan said...

The only thing that would improve my looks is if everyone else on the planet went blind.

Carrie M said...

My additions would be:

1. A great exfoliator, like Bliss' Pore Perfecting Facial Polish. At least twice a week, ladies.

2. Oil Blotting Sheets. Period.

Reigning Frog said...

Blah blah Dan: I sense you fishing for a "you're cute". ;)

carrie m: great additions to the list. I want to check out your #1. Aveda's liquid exfoliator is pretty good. Haven't used it in awhile.