Thursday, April 5, 2007

Sons of Bitches, Bumpasses!

I have felt like screaming this, my favorite curse, from the classic movie A Christmas Story, a lot this week. I work at a church, and it's Holy Week so we're busy; I've been plagued with computer problems (hence the lack of new material on this blog); my checking account was down to $0.02 before payday; and I'm dreading turning the Big 3-0 on Tuesday. Then I come to find out that the director of A Christmas Story (Robert Clark) was killed this week. My first thought was 'Soap poisoning?' But no, it was a car accident. He's up with that big leg lamp in the sky. Rest in peace.

(Sorry for the short post with no graphic-- I'm on a borrowed computer and short on time.)

5 comments:

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

Okay, I give up, why didn't I hear about your computer problems until now...you're keeping me out-of-the-loop again! For Shame! Pleeease! Don't tell me some silly excuse like "well, I'm moving my office" or something equally lame! I can run CAT-6 and fiber optical with the best of em' and can terminate them properly too! These bones maybe gettin' old, but the spirit is still willing!

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

...Actually, I thought you would consider this obituary more newsworthy...
Founder of Clarins cosmetics chain dies

Reigning Frog said...

ex-nuke: my office is stayin' put for the moment. And yes, I love the obit! I must send a card.

Gina said...

life is full of "whatever" Enjoy and have fun on your birthday. You were born on Easter Sunday 1977. I wish I was there to celebrate with you. We would go shopping and go to every dollar store, by shampoo and watch Gone With The Wind. I hope you have a very happy 30th birthday.

Scarlett O'Hara

t2ed said...

On Saturday I actually used the phrase, "He better not pull a Bumpus" in referring to my dog while I had put a turkey on the counter to cool.

Spooky.

And Bob Clark also directed Porky's which kind of offsets A Christmas Story.