Friday, June 13, 2008

Pink Panther on Velvet


Feast your eyes on this photo of an actual piece of artwork outside the lavatory of a restaurant that I recently patronized. It is a masterpiece!
.
While it gives me great pleasure to share this photo with the world on my meager blog, I cannot emphasize enough that this photo in no way does justice to this magnificent display of a toilet scene captured on velvet.
.
Several things stood out to me as I was lucky enough to view the piece in person. Not only is the Pink Panther smoking while he takes a poo (seemingly hungover), he also grasps his tail with gumption. And gumption he will need to reach the toilet paper inconvieniently located behind the tank. To me this seemed to symbolize the challenges that panthers of pink color face every day-- especially when they are hungover.
.
Observe the panther's pot belly, in spite of his slim physique. Does this not seem like a commentary on man's struggle to find balance between protein and carbs-- a battle which no one will ever win.
.
Let your eyes gaze lower. Notice the missing velvet in the lower left corner? Some viewer was obviously as taken as I, and cut a piece for his or her own pleasure. How could he not?
In fact, I shan't even disclose the location of the restaurant in which this hangs. What structure could possibly hold the certain stampede of viewers that would rush to see this truly awesome art?
.
I hope that you will enjoy gazing at this masterpiece as much as I did.

8 comments:

t2ed said...

Pink took that lil square of velvet when the paper ran out.

The food had better be really good if that's the artwork on display.

Personally, I prefer the classic veltet artwork. You know, Elvis, Little Kids with Big Eyes and Scooby Doo licking himself.

shelley said...

I really like that. My husband is an artist, so I enjoy all kinds of artwork. I never really thought of the pink panther on the potty..that was a cute idea someone had.

Reigning Frog said...

t2: Outside the men's room was Bugs Bunny getting a prostate exam. I'll snap a pic of that one next time.

shelley: Your husband's not the artist, is he? :)

shelley said...

No, but he sculpts, does photography etc for a living.

shelley said...

No, but he sculpts, does photography etc for a living.

Unknown said...

I would really love to purchase this. Or a duplicate of this . Anyone have any ideas on where to get it

Unknown said...

Jazmynuluave@outlook.com for above comment about purchase

Unknown said...

Hello, Reigning Frog, if you're still out there...I believe I know this painting well. Was it hanging in a restaurant called Mama Santa's in Little Italy, Cleveland? It's really a great thing to find a picture of because quite a few years ago it was sadly vandalized and is no longer there. I've told people about this painting for years!!

Please let me know!

mtngirl1971@gmail.com