Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Two Part Nap

I am truly exhausted lately because I've been working a lot. (Of all times for NaBloPoMo to fall!!!) But yesterday I made some headway in recovering with what was possibly THE best nap of my life. It was so wonderful, there were two parts to it. Part One took place on the couch, and Part Two happened in my bed.

Part one began after dinner, with no hint of napping to come. I was sitting on the couch, enjoying a glass of wine, listening to the day's replay of Howard Stern. At some point I drifted into a land of bliss-- that lovely thing called sleep we all love so much. After an unknown amount of time, I woke up, only because I was slightly chilly.

And so begins Part Two. With very little effort, and absolutely no guilt, I floated upstairs to my bed, tucked myself under the covers, and fell into a near coma for hours. I woke up at 9:15 PM to the sound of a lovely November rain (the weather, not the song; although the song is lovely too.) And I was happy...

No comments: