Sunday, November 4, 2007

I Can't Believe It's Butter Coffee

Look how tired I am. I put butter in my coffee this morning instead of sugar. (Don't judge. You might do the same some day.)

I'll admit, I'm kind of tempted to try this and see how it tastes. I love butter, as I've haiku-ed before. Maybe this was a Freudian slip and I really wanted to put butter in my coffee. Maybe I just invented the next new fad-- Butter Coffee, available at ButterBucks.

[time lapse]

OK, never mind. Greasy, salty coffee is not that good, even when made with real butter. But in the future, if you ever see butter coffee on the menu at Starbucks, you'll know where they got the idea.

7 comments:

All Things Jennifer said...

Oh, Butter Coffee. I love this post! So something I would do and then want to take a picture and blog about. ;)

Reigning Frog said...

atj: Thanks! Who knows, maybe tomorrow it will be apple coffee pancakes for breakfast...

Katebits said...

You know, on the surface it doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Maybe you should try it with unsalted butter!

Reigning Frog said...

Kate: That's a stroke of genius!

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

...you know in some parts of the world, this is normal! In fact, it the Far East i believe they put rancid Yak butter in their coffee!
...Really! I read that somewhere, I think the travels of Justice William O. Douglas come to think of it!

t2ed said...

What if you tried unsalted butter?

Or bacon-flavored coffee? Then you'd have something.

Reigning Frog said...

ex-nuke: I didn't realize I was so worldly.

t2ed: I think you need to patent bacon coffee!