Friday, May 18, 2007

Spirit Soap

Circa 1990 there was a new bar soap on the market that I discovered via free sample in the mail. (That may have been when my beauty product addiction began.) That free, tiny sample of light blue bar soap was called “Spirit,” and it had the most awesome scent I had ever savored as far as soap goes. I remember using that miniature soap bar until the entire thing literally dissolved. I loved it so much that I nagged my Mom to buy me a few regularly-sized bars of Spirit, which I continued to use with glee.
.
Then one day, circa 1991, Spirit soap was suddenly gone from the shelves. I was so sad, and today I still wonder what happened to Spirit soap. Even Google doesn't know. Did it fail in market tests? Was it the product of a De Lorean-esque soap company? I don’t know, but to this day I still long for the fresh scent of Spirit soap. Even with the extreme amount of choices in soap nowadays, I’ve never found one even close to the scent of Spirit. R.I.P. Spirit soap—I miss you…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have wondered the same thing,it was the best soap!!

Diana Frey said...

That was the best smelling soap I've witnessed to date. Bring back the Spirit soap, please, bring it baaaaaaaaack. :,(

Unknown said...

Yes, I was wondering about this since I first tried it. It was so good that I didn't need to use cologne or deodorant. People would always comment about how good i smelled and wanted to know the name of the fragrance, "Just soap," I'd say.

Blogger said...

Quantum Binary Signals

Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

Follow our trades right now & make up to 270% daily.