Sunday, May 13, 2007

Kids really do say the darndest things!

Bill Cosby hit the nail on the head with that one. I've known a lot of kids through babysitting and procreating family members. I love when kids mispronounce words in really cute ways. Here's a list of some of my favorites that I've encountered first hand:

"pine corn" = pine cone
"gubble gum" = bubble gum
"stunk ache" = stomach ache
"Cartoon Neckwork" = Cartoon Network
"Abber cadaver" = Abracadabra
"dengle floss" = dental floss
"Do you repeat me?" = "Do you read me?" (while playing on walkie-talkies)
"Rimanda" = my cat, "Miranda"
"For real life?" = "For real?"
"shubble" = shovel
"heads or birds" = heads or tails (when playing with a quarter)

2 comments:

carrie m said...

I read the last two together, "Fo shubble?"

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

..nothing like a little guggle-bum to chew on after eating a hangerburr and some pete'sza!