Thursday, March 8, 2007

Things I'm certain I will never do

I'm familiar with the adage (and the Bond movie) "Never say never", but I think there can be some exceptions to that rule. I know myself pretty well, and I've compiled a list of things that I am fairly certain I will never do. Follow along if you wish:
  • Become a vegetarian-- I have nothing against vegetarians, but I know that I can never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be one. As it is, I'm like the opposite of a vegetarian-- a "meatatarian".
  • Live in Africa-- Brangelina I am not. I don't do well with heat, scarce plumbing, and lack of English-speaking peoples.
  • Play a musical instrument-- What's a treble clef?
  • Shave my head-- what would I do with all my shampoo?
  • Not shave my legs or armpits-- not even if I travel to France.
  • Stop watching General Hospital-- it's been on for 44 years, so chances are good it will be on for the rest of my life.
  • Run a marathon-- beside the fact that DD-cup sports bras really don't work, I don't see what is so fun about running. In fact, there are few things in life I hate more than running.
  • Complete a Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle-- I'm convinced that nobody is that smart.
  • Understand the ending of Indochine-- "The heel broke on my shoe." WTF!?!?

What are you pretty certain you will never do?

7 comments:

t2ed said...

I will never, ever cease being a bacon-aterian.

Africa? As in Africa hot? No "frican" way...

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure I will never be able to retire from the real working world and pay my bills off of my blog. (sigh)

Anonymous said...

You could play the tambourine. A perfectly respectable musical instrument. I buy the NYTimes books, so I have 50 puzzles. I work on one for a while, then I cheat by looking in the back. Even if I fill in a few answers, I usually can't finish it, but it's pretty fun.

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

..well, you could sing?

Reigning Frog said...

t2ed: Just don't eat Guinness's Bacon Strips. That's going a little too far.

dionna: welcome to my site! Sigh, squared.

tots: I love the crosswords from the $ Store-- easy and you can do them in purple glitter ink. And I'm quite certain I would screw up the tambourine too.

ex-nuke: I'm not gifted with your voice. There's a reason DB hasn't recruited me to the choir.

Anonymous said...

eat chicken off a bone...it makes me gag

Anonymous said...

i was thinking of the ending to indochine cause we're watching it in class. the only literary meaning in know for a heel is achilles heel. and perhaps since the last thing etienne said to her was "i think of you as my mother", it hit her weak spot. this has a little meaning because she has been such a defensive and strong women thoughout the THREE HOUR LONG MOVIE.
or somewhat related, a heel of a high heel is used for structure as well as for looks. if it were to break the shoe would be worthless, or at least structurally compromised. its a stretch but either it was etiennes words, actions (not visiting his biological mom, camile) or the gradual build up of such stresses that broke her "heel".

please respond to this id like to hear what other people think.