Friday, March 23, 2007

Febreze for Hair

Real Simple magazine, which I read on a regular basis, often has articles featuring alternative uses for common household products. For example, they say that you can clean your dishwasher with a pack of lemon Kool-Aid. Get the idea? Well, it got me thinking...are there alternative uses for hair products? I kind of came up with one last night as I was frying some chicken (just wait, you'll see the connection).

I love fried chicken but hate smelling like a deep fryer after cooking it. And when you have long hair, the scent of grease gets trapped in there like a backup dancer in Britney Spears's bedroom. It.is.gross! So I tried a little something new last night. I sampled different hair products on my fried-chicken-smelling hair seeking something that could double as Febreze for hair. And wouldn't you know-- I found one! And here it is: Influx 33 Leave in Conditioner available at Sally Beauty Supply. Check it out-- you'll thank me later.

6 comments:

kris said...

Holy crapoli, this is slightly scary. I spent five minutes (FIVE!) in the bagel shop yesterday morning and came out smelling like I'd rolled around in 50 pounds of bacon fat. Have you found the cure?!?!?!

t2ed said...

We were told we could use Febreze on our dog. I don't trust it. Plus, I don't know how I'd get him to sit still while I ran the Rug Doctor on him.

Mmm, deep fryer smell. That's even better than smelling like bacon.

Gina said...

Wow...some how you must market this idea.....it works. I am always on the go and spend time at the gym during the day depending on my schedule. I shower then used your cure for smelly "gym" hair, dressed and off I GO. Thanks

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

...You know Christina, you could save time and just add a cap full of this stuff to your pot of hot oil before to cook the chicken! It might just be the next cooking craze!

Isn't chicken supposed to taste "fowl"??

..Yuck, yuck!

Reigning Frog said...

kris: I think this is the cure for bacon fat, cigarette smoke, and possibly even bad perfume clouds from elderly ladies who don't know any better.

t2ed: Guinness and Febreze don't mix, silly!

gina: I'm so glad it works for you. Too bad I can't patent an existing product.

ex-nuke: Febreze for deep friers-- I like the challenge!

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

...might make a great ear-wax remover too!