Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Who will be the first?


OK, this is really really terrible, but I was just thinking that one of the Golden Girls is likely to die in 2007. (God, please forgive me, I know this is awful; I just can't help the way my mind wanders sometimes.) Let me clarify that I'm not saying I wish one of them would die; it's simply a feeling I have that one of them will die this year. I mean, at this point it's almost a statistical certainty. Bea Arthur (Dorothy) and Estelle Getty (Sophia) are both 83. Betty White (Rose) will be 85 on January 17th, and Rue McClanahan (Blanche) is 72. How much longer can they hang on?

I'm not going to be crass and actually take bets on which one will go first (although there is a small part of me that thinks that would be really funny), BUT (and I will promise to do a big tribute when it happens) who do you think will be the first?

3 comments:

Katebits said...

Christina, if the Golden Girls start kicking the bucket, I'm holding you responsible. :)

Reigning Frog said...

I know! I'll feel responsible!

Gina said...

I Love the Golden Girls.....they will never die.....just click the remote and go to TV Land. Well, if they do I will take there place as I always wanted to be an actress....like Vivian Leigh and Elizabeth Taylor