Wednesday, December 6, 2006

What's up with Meatloaf's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious song titles?

There's something funky about Meatloaf and it's not just his name. He has the longest song titles of any rocker I've ever heard. They're so long they require punctuation. Some even have alternate titles! That's odd considering that all of his albums are named Bat Out of Hell something or other. Here, check out what I'm saying:

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back
You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)
I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)

And the winner is:
Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are

See what I mean? Maybe he gets paid per word like Charles Dickens. I don't know the reason but it sure is odd and kind of drives me crazy even though I like his music.

1 comment:

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

You know, I'm really surprised that Meatloaf didn't release any albums with catchy titles like:

"MEATLOAF: WELL DONE"

"MEATLOAF: In RARE Form"

"MEATLOAF: "Doin' a little Ketchup"

"MEATLOAF: Well-Ground Sound"


...you get the idea!