Monday, December 18, 2006

McDonald's may have ruined my Christmas party

I have a busy, yet fun day planned today hosting a staff Christmas party at my home this afternoon. In looking forward to such a delightful event, I wanted to get my day started on a positive note. What better way to do that than with breakfast at McDonald's? Or so I thought...

I love McDonald's hashbrowns. They could be their own food group I love them so much. But if you get one that is not immediately out of the deep fryer, these beloved hashbrowns can be the most disgusting food item ever conceived by man. That's what happened to me today - 2 lukewarm, greasy, soggy, disgusting hashbrowns handed to me at the drive thru. One bite and I knew I had to throw them out. At that point I would have rather eaten lettuce, which I've previously blogged about my dislike of.

So I never really got my day started right, and now I'm in kind of a funk. I have a major case of Monday Morning mixed with a feeling of running up against a huge deadline. While I hope that later today I will feel more "Ho ho ho" rather than "Bah Humbug", right now it feels like McDonald's could very well have ruined my Christmas party. If that's the case, McDonald's, I'm only eating at Burger King from now on!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Crispy McDonald's hash browns.

ex-nuke bubblehead said...

Geez, and to think all this time I thought that "Hashbrowns" were some sort of drug hippies smoked back in the 1960's & 1970's!