Monday, November 20, 2006

I H8 Lettuce!

I hate lettuce, particularly iceberg. What a waste of atoms. One day at work while discussing lunch options I mentioned to a co-worker that I hate lettuce. He replied very matter of factly “Yeah, lettuce is stupid.” I couldn’t agree more.

Since then it’s been a running joke to use the word “lettuce” as a substitute for something that sucks. Lots of things are “lettuce.” Bank fees...Monday mornings...telemarketer phone calls...car dealer commercials (HUGEly lettuce)...parking tickets...traffic...torn grocery bags...a broken fingernail...dirty dishes...alarm clocks...power outages...taxes…nosey neighbors…dropped cell phone calls...coffee stains…flat tires…drycleaning prices…airport security…tolls…close talkers…public bathrooms…Flavor Flav’s reality showall lettuce!

4 comments:

Katebits said...

Hey! Don't pick on my friend Lettuce. While I can admit that Iceberg Lettuce is a bit on the lame side, some of his cousins are crunchy and delicious.

Reigning Frog said...

I'll give props to baby spinach and arugula as lettuce substitutes, but that's as far as I can go.

Anonymous said...

I can only guess that the "Lettuce is stupid" comment came from TN

Reigning Frog said...

You would be correct, Robin. How did you guess? :)