Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Shampoo Review: Pantene Ice! Nice!

Pantene Ice is a fine product that does what is says. From Pantene.com:

Shampoo:
Transform dull, lifeless hair into gorgeous hair. The clear formulation of NEW Ice Shine Shampoo gently cleans to remove dirt, oil, sebum (not sure what that is, but I guess I don't want it in my hair) and styling products, increasing the purity of the hair's surface, to better allow light to penetrate the clear cuticle to the inner cortex of each strand. (Cortex, that's a very serious word).

Conditioner:
NEW Ice Shine Conditioner contains high levels of silicones to smooth the hair’s surface—almost polishing it. (This has been my experience. It's like polishing silver-- well, except, my hair's not silver, it's brown-- but you get the idea.) Helps create the appearance of uniform strands, so hair fibers more effectively lie next to each other and create a smooth, glossy surface.

I give this product two combs up, and a scrunchie! (But remember, men, Pantene Ice may be shiny enough for a man, but it's made for women. Sorry.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sebum is actually a good thing. It's the oil our skin produces and its used for protection, but if your hair is oily, you are producing too much. Basically, you just want to keep it balanced. So it's good in moderation I guess you can say. Anyways, I've never tried this stuff but I've been wanting to. I was scared that it might strip the hair and be a little too harsh. But now I feel confident.