Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Garbage Pail Nightmare

I forgot to take my garbage tote to the curb last night, so by this time next week I'm going to be swimming in trash like a Garbage Pail Kid. When I heard the truck on my street this morning I was still sleeping, and at that time I was in my comfy Karen Neuburger nightgown under two down quilts with two sleeping dogs and three sleeping cats surrounding me-- garbage didn't seem like a big deal at the time. A few hours later, I'm seeing it a little differently.

But it did inspire me to blog about the trashtastic 80's phenomenon called Garbage Pail Kids. I wasn't too into them, but I do acknowledge their significance in pop culture. (Was it just me, or was that the worst stick of gum ever that came with them? Ick!)

In addition to piling garbage, I've had laundry piling up this week. Unless I deal with it this weekend, I'll be able to launch a new series of cards called "Washbasket People." This would be the first card inspired by me.
.

No comments: