Sunday, November 19, 2006

Rare Image of Scarlett O'Hara


I think that Scarlett O'Hara is one of the best fictional characters ever created. She's complex, intelligent, determined and strong. While I wouldn't say I strive to be like her (because she is very very flawed) I do envy her strength. I also love this painting of her. This is the one that, in the movie, we see in Rhett's bedroom the day Bonnie is born. This is a rare image to see from the movie, and I was thrilled when I found it on the Internet. Wow, imagine how much money Scarlett would have made if she had Internet access!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

People say I imitate SCARLETT O"HARA, since we're both bitches. But I'm as genuine as she was, since we were from the same neck of the Georgia woods, and we both were stars of novels.

I saw MARGARET MITCHELL meet her tragic death on the sidewalk outside the Fox theater in 1949. (The Egyptian style theater in Atlanta where the movie GONE WITH THE WIND had premiered). A taxi hit her as she was crossing the street, looking up at the theater's marquee where her name was displayed prominently. I tried to warm her of the taxi, but she didn't seem to hear me.

www.ruthieblacknaked.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yes Christina, that's a great SCARLETT O'HARA image, and don't worry, we all can see the resemblance to YOU. the hair, the eyes, the complexion.............

Reigning Frog said...

I don't really think I look like Scarlett O'Hara, but if you do, then I guess I should say thanks. I take it as a compliment.