Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Shampoo Review: Aura Pure

Aveda products are my all time favorite beauty products. If I purchased all of the Aveda products that I want to, the total cost would be equal to the gross domestic product of a South American nation. So until I win the lottery or Aveda starts to just give me their products, I need to improvise where I can. For example, at my shampoo playground (Sally Beauty Supply) a "generic" version of Aveda exists at a drastically lower price than the real thing. It's called Aura. Aveda products are all natural, and Aura products seem to have a lot of chemicals in them that mimic the natural-ness of Aveda products, because the scent is pretty darn close.

So here is my review of Aura's Pure shampoo, which is the doppelgänger for Aveda's Shampure.

Aveda Shampure = $19.00, Aura Pure = $5.00

Reigning Frog's Verdict: You get what you pay for.
.

3 comments:

t2ed said...

But are any of these manpoos? You know for men who aren't gay.

Because I'm starting to run low on the dog shampoo that I've been using. But my coat has never been shinier.

Best Teacher EVER said...

I am going to try this! I love Aveda, but it is too expensive! Thanks!

Reigning Frog said...

You're welcome! Pretty often Sally Beauty Supply will sell Aura buy-one-get-one free, so keep an eye out! :)