Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Divorce-ipation of Mimi

I don't have much faith that Mariah Carey's marriage to Nick Cannon is going to last. Does that make my cynical? Gosh, I really hate to be cynical about celebrities. After all, they're people too! Oh, I don't know... I don't think I'm being cynical, but I better look at all the facts before I jump to any conclusions.


Let's look at all the evidence that would support M & N having a long lasting union. That means we'll have to ignore Glitter, her emotional breakdown, the fact that she has a name for her "true inner self--" but that's OK, we'll just look the other way.

OK, well, they did fall in love while filming a music video. On camera is a great way to see someone's true self. Just ask Ben Affleck regarding Jennifer Lopez.

Also, six weeks later when they married, they symbolized their union with tattoos. That worked well for Pam & Tommy, so why not Mariah & Nick?

And, they say that they plan to have a wedding every year (another thing that Pam Anderson is also doing, but I digress). If an annual wedding is not a vision of true love, then I don't know what is.

So there it is, all the evidence I need to know that Mariah & Nick may indeed have a long and lasting union. I guess I was just being cynical. Silly me...

3 comments:

t2ed said...

Don't forget Tom & Roseanne got tattoos also.

Nothing can go wrong with this plan.

Lots of PDA photo ops are always a sure sign everything is on the up and up.

shelley said...

I'm pretty sure this union will not last long either. These celebrities have their own rules for marriage.

Reigning Frog said...

t2ed: Let's add Christina Aguilera and her husband to the list-- the got tatts too.

shelley: yeah, there's no hope. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.