Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fried Corn

What would a trip to Texas be without eating "chicken-fried" something? Un-authentic, that's what. So tonight I ate dinner at The Black-eyed Pea. I know it's a chain, but since there are no locations north of the Mason-Dixon Line, I felt like an authentic cowgirl eating there. I decided to go for a full heart attack meal, and ordered chicken-fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and fried corn. "Fried corn!?" you say. Yes, fried corn, and I wasn't quite sure what it was either.
.

Here's a picture of fried corn. It was pretty good, but I decided that given a choice of breading or butter on my corn, I'll take wonderful, delicious butter. Nonetheless, I'm totally not sorry that I tried fried corn-- after all, you only live once.

1 comment:

t2ed said...

There is nothing better than getting sweet corn right from a stand and cooking it that night with butter and just the right amount of salt.

Mmmmm, corny.