Sunday, November 19, 2006

My "Dr. McDreamy"

I don't hide it- I watch soap operas. Well, just one daytime soap (the others are primetime). I am a lifelong General Hospital viewer. I watch it every day thanks to my TiVo-like Time Warner DVR cable box.

One drama that I do not watch, however, is Grey's Anatomy. So quite frankly I just don't understand all the buzz about Patrick Dempsey. I still can't get past him playing Meyer Lansky in Mobsters. So my Dr. McDreamy is Dr. Patrick Drake, the egotistical, womanizing, brilliant neurosurgeon portrayed by Jason Thompson (a native to Canada who was formerly a model). Patrick's father is Dr. Noah Drake, portrayed by the one and only Rick Springfield (think 1980's Jesse's Girl).

I am so terrified, though, that the actor who plays Patrick is gay in real life. In fact, I don't want him to get any ideas if he's on the fence, so I should probably delete this paragraph. But it is a big concern of mine. He's not linked to any famous women, and I one time saw him on Soap Talk on location in Hawaii, and he was there with "a buddy." Very scary...I don't even want to go there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have no fear.

My fellow Canadian (aka Jason Thompson) is NOT gay. (He has been linked to Alyssa Milano in the past)

Reigning Frog said...

Oh, thank God! Thank you for relieving my worry.