Sunday, November 26, 2006

Movie Music: Talking Timbuktu

Since this post is about music, I'm going to do a little VH1 Pop-up Video thing here. I enjoyed the movie Unfaithful when it was out a few years ago. Diane Lane’s performance was quite fantastic.


Richard Gere’s performance in the movie was also very good. He was a believable character, and I think ultimately a moral one.

Lane's love interest, played by Oliver Martinez, was well cast. I've not seen him in anything else, but I would if I had the chance.


There’s a song in Unfaithful that I really enjoyed. It’s an African blues song, and it plays in the movie first when Diane Lane and Oliver Martinez dance in his apartment, and again when Diane is taking a bath at home and Richard Gere joins her.

I bought the Unfaithful soundtrack assuming this song would be on there, but it wasn’t. With a little help from this miracle we call the Internet, I found the song I wanted. It is called "Ai Du", and it is on the album Talking Timbuktu by Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder.

So now you know; and knowing is half the battle.

No comments: