Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"Friends Don't Let Friends Go to Hell"

A friend of mine recently pondered aloud that she wondered whatever happened to Kirk Cameron who played "Mike Seaver" on the 80's sit-com Growing Pains. She pondered in front of the right person, because I happen to know what Kirk's up to these days, and it's a little scary. He's definitely jumped the couch in my opinion. I'm not going to explain, I am merely going to quote an excerpt from Kirk's website, www.wayofthemaster.com, and let you decide for yourself.

First, I offer a disclaimer that I myself am a practicing Christian of strong faith. I'm not knocking him for being religious. I just can't help but feel that Kirk and I are on opposite teams. I'll leave it at that.

From Kirk Cameron's website:
"...I asked a friend what he thought would happen to him when he died. He believed he was going to heaven. He smoked, he cursed, and he partied, but said that between him and his identical twin brother, he was the "good twin." I liked his sense of humor. ...I knew that if I simply offered this guy a "new life" policy, he likely would have turned it down -- because he was already living the good life. Instead, I did what Jesus did and stirred his curiosity about how God would deal with his sin on Judgment Day. I told him that 'friends don't let friends go to hell.' I then walked him through the Ten Commandments to help him see how he had sinned against God and desperately needed His forgiveness. When I sensed that he was feeling conviction, I shared the good news that Jesus came to save him from sin and its consequences. He could then see the incredible love God had shown him in sending Jesus to die for him on the cross. ...So if we want to bring this kind of "new life" to those we love, we must do it biblically or risk losing them forever. If we genuinely care about others, we must strive to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and preach the one and only, true gospel. ...Make sure you bring the knowledge of sin by opening up the Commandments like Jesus did (in Mark 10, Luke 18, etc.) and remind sinners of the Day of Judgment when every person will have to give an account of his life to God. Let godly fear "work repentance" and the good news of the gospel bring them to saving faith in Jesus Christ. If you've never led someone you love to the Savior, please let us help you. ...Do it today, because friends don't let friends go to hell. "

To conclude, I don't think he's friends with "Boner" anymore.

No comments: